Maryland / All Counties
The Maryland Mortgage Program (MMP) is the Maryland state bond program for first time Maryland home buyers.
MMP offers several different loan program options including DSELP, which stands for down payment settlement expense loan program. DSELP is a $5,000 down payment loan that can be offered to applicants who use the Maryland Mortgage Program. It can be applied toward your down payment and closing costs.
• Perfect for the 1st time home buyers or for homes purchased in targeted areas.
• Targeted areas – borrowers cannot own real estate at time of purchase, but do not need to be a first time buyer.
• Non Targeted areas – borrowers cannot have owned a home for 3 years.
• Down payment assistance available through:
- DSELP – $5000 – 0% deferred loan – only repayable on sale or refinance.
- House Keys 4 Employees – up to an additional $2,500 match of employer contribution ($5,000 total).
- Smart Keys 4 Employees – an additional $1000 depending on proximity of home to work location.
- Maryland Mortgage Grant Assist Program – 4% grant to used for down payment and closing costs on Conventional loans or closing costs only on government loans.
• MMP available mortgage types: Conventional, FHA, VA, & Rural Housing Loans – all 30 year fixed.
• Reduced mortgage insurance available on Conventional loans.
• Minimum credit score required is 640 for VA & Rural Housing. 660 for FHA and 640 for Conventional loans.
• Income & asset limits apply – household income (all those over the age of 18 who will occupy).
• Homeownership counseling is required. Before attending a class, please confirm which classes are eligible.
Maryland Homecredit Program / MCC can also be applied for with MMP to boost annual savings at tax time.
The Maryland Mortgage program offers several different program that can benefit home buyers. To see if you qualify and to find out which program you may be eligible for, please contact us directly to start your MMP preapproval . Pre-Qualify or contact us at email@example.com
The MMP website contains information on every program. For more detailed information, please visit Maryland Mortgage Program or you can reach out to us directly.
The Montgomery County HOC program is offered by the Montgomery County Housing Opportunities Commission in partnership with eligible participating lenders.
This loan program is specifically designed to offer down payment assistance to those purchasing their first home in Montgomery County, Maryland.
- 3% down payment assistance for Conventional loans or FHA.
- Can be applied to Down Payment, Closing Costs, and Pre-Paid Expenses.
- Forgivable loan at 20% per year.
- Discounted PMI pricing lowers the monthly payment.
- 680 minimum credit score for conventional, 660 for FHA.
- Maximum of 45% debt/income ratio.
- $417,000 loan limit with a maximum sales price of $596,000
- Income limits start at $91,728 for a one person household. See income limits Here.
- Rates are listed daily. See Here.
For more information on Montgomery County HOC, feel free to visit their website HERE.