The DC Open Doors loan program provides 100% financing to qualified purchasers in Washington DC.
The DC Open Doors down payment assistant loan program is offered by the DC Housing Financing Authority in partnership with participating DC Open Doors lenders.
- FHA & Conventional financing, both offering a down payment assistance loan, equal to the minimum down payment required. The down payment 2nd mortgage does not require a monthly payment and it is forgiven at 20% per year. After five years the down payment mortgage is fully forgiven. The combined mortgages equal 100% financing.
- Down payment assistance only available for loan amounts up to $424,100.
- New HFA advantage loan limit up to $636,150 with a minimum 3% down payment required. (Available as of June 20, 2017)
- Reduced monthly mortgage insurance when using the Conventional DC Open Doors program.
- Maximum borrower income limit of $132,360. Does not include income of non borrower occupants.
- Primary residence only.
- 640 minimum credit score.
- Do not need to be a first time home buyer, but you cannot currently own real estate.
- Home buyer education is required for the Conventional program. You can obtain your certificate here – http://homebuyers.mgic.com/
- Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) also available with DC Open Doors for annual tax savings.
Before determining if this is the right program for you, we first like to assess your overall goals and preferences and then present you with a side-by-side comparison.
Together, we will discuss the pros and cons of this program and others that may be the best fit for your overall situation.
For mortgage information on this program and for daily posted rates feel free to visit the DC OPEN DOORS official site.